Boston area has had quite the heat wave recently and so wanted to share five easy tips to help you reduce the hot temperature in your home during the summer months:
- Use window coverings: Installing blinds, curtains, or shades to block out direct sunlight during the hottest parts of the day really works! This helps prevent heat from entering your home and keeps it cooler.
- Utilize fans: Place fans strategically throughout your home to improve airflow. Ceiling fans and portable fans can create a cooling effect by circulating air and providing relief from the heat.
- Optimize ventilation: Open windows during cooler times of the day, such as early morning or evening, to allow fresh air to flow through your home. Consider using window or attic fans to expel hot air and draw in cooler air.
- Minimize heat sources: Identify and reduce sources of heat inside your home. This includes turning off unnecessary lights, minimizing use of heat-generating appliances (like ovens and dryers), and switching to energy-efficient LED bulbs that emit less heat.
- Insulate and seal: Ensure your home is properly insulated to prevent heat transfer. Seal any cracks or gaps around doors, windows, and ductwork to minimize heat infiltration. This helps maintain a cooler indoor temperature and can also improve energy efficiency.
By implementing these tips, you can create a more comfortable and cooler living environment during the hot summer months.
If you’re a busy-bee then let our handyman help you out with any of the above! We can help you install blinds and curtains, swap out ceiling lights with energy efficient fans, change out appliances for ones that are more energy efficient, install higher efficiency windows, seal any cracks and gaps and do much more to make your home more comfortable! Contact our Handymen today at 781-888-7225 and let us help you keep your home cooler during the summer months!